In a prior post, I discussed 7 things you should do to get your business ready to be sold the following article in Atlanta Business Journal has some additional points on planning ahead for the eventual disposition of your privately held business.
Here are some key points:
- Establish relationships with appropriate professionals, such as investment bankers, lawyers, accountants.
- Get the house in order
- Gather reliable financial information, at least two years and trailing 12 months.
- Document customer relationships, ideally through contracts.
- Document ownership of the business.
- Focus on the business. Don’t get distracted.
The Shared Finance Center provides outsourced accounting, bookkeeping and fractional CFO support to small business owners and in doing so we heavily focus on maximizing cash flow. We are headquartered in Roswell, Georgia and work with clients across the United States. If you think that this post would be helpful to anyone you know, please pass it along. Also please follow our blog for regular tips to grow your business.